Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner. As an Atlanta native, I have enjoyed witnessing the sports fanatic action this week. Whether you are watching the game at home, or heading to the best Super Bowl party…this is a healthy, yet delicious, recipe that you should have around this weekend.
For those rounding out a Whole30 as part of a New Year’s resolution, this recipe will have you “cheering” loud. All paleo and Whole30 approved, this buffalo chicken casserole is too hot not to have on the table during the Super Bowl.
(P.S. – did you know Tom Brady is a big supporter of whole eating? Gisele and the quarterback aren’t vegan, but they don’t eat dairy and their diets are about 80 percent plant-based and always organic! Hearts and love to the power couple that knows how to eat clean)
Touchdown Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 1 spaghetti squash cooked and shredded
- 2 pounds of cooked chicken breast finely chopped (seasoned with your favorite spices and baked)
- 1 cup of carrots diced (I use my Ninja to make life easier)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of compliant Frank’s Red Hot
- 1/4 cup Tessemae’s Ranch
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut spaghetti squash in half and bake until it is spreadable with a fork.
- While squash is cooking, brown onion and carrots until softened.
- Shred finished squash with a fork and place in a large bowl with cooked onions and carrots.
- Use paper towel to dry up moisture from mixture.
- Add shredded chicken, hot sauce, ranch, garlic powder, salt and pepper to mixture and mix well.
- Add the eggs to mixture and stir.
- Pour combined mixture into a ghee greased backing pan (you can also use coconut oil).
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions, parsley, or tomatoes. Serve with carrot sticks or eat alone.